Full stack web developer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: dreikanter
- GitHub: http://github.com/dreikanter
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/alexmusayev
- Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
- Languages: Fluent English and native Russian
I have 15 years of experience in software development, including 5 years working remotely. Love to build robust and convenient tools that help people to save time and transform complex to simple. As a remote developer, I value transparent communication and workflows. I can work independently or join a team. I have experience in leading a small development team as well.
- Web: HTML5, CSS3, SASS, LESS, front-end frameworks, including Bootstrap 3/4, Webpack
- DB and NoSQL: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Preferred version control system: Git
- Code analyzers: Rubocop, Reek, ESLint, Standard JS, stylelint
- Server infrastructure: Linux, Ansible, AWS, Logstash
- APIs: Google Maps, GitHub, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Jira, GitHub, Dropbox, PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, geocoding services, OAuth, etc
- Past experience: Python (♡ PEP 20), C#/.NET, C/C++, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL
- I’m interested to learn and try TypeScript and Go on production
2015–2019: Full stack developer, architect at PassionDig Inc (Remote)
Full stack web service development, system architecture and UX design, infrastructure automation. Requirements analysis, technical specs drafting, implementation planning and coordination, tech consulting. Interviewing and onboarding new developers, maintaining code convention and dev environment configuration, code reviews.
Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, react-router, react-thunk, UI component libraries, AWS infrastructure, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Sidekiq, Ansible for server provisioning and deployment automation. Social media API integration.
2014–2017: Full stack developer at UpWork (Freelance)
General web development, API integration, performance optimization, e-commerce services, infrastructure automation, etc. 5 stars rating with 100% job success.
2013–2015: Architect, web developer at Softin.co (Remote)
Distributed systems design. Web services development. UX design and art direction for a mobile game.
Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
2012–2013: Senior software developer at Luxoft
Participated in enterprise projects development (Hewlett Packard, Modular Mining). New features development and existing codebase support. Technical documentation, interviewing and onboarding new developers.
C#/.NET, WinForms (MVVM), WPF, Microsoft SQL Server.
2008–2011: Software developer at Lanit-Tercom (R&D)
Enterprise software development, deployment and support. Requirements analysis, tasks decomposition and estimation, specifications drafting, project documentation. UI prototyping, IA design.
.NET/C#, WinForms, WPF, PL/SQL, Java, Flex, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office integration.
2006–2009: Software developer at SZMA LLC (R&D)
Distributed software development, testing, deployment, and support. Desktop apps and web services for financial data collection and analysis. Middleware for Matlab integration with Metaquotes MetaTrader trading platform. Requirements analysis, specification drafting, and project documentation.
.NET/C#, Matlab, MQL (Metatrader), MySQL, PHP, Python.
2004–2008: Postgraduate student, professor assistant at St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Research in the field of mathematical modeling, scientific conferences participation. Experimental software development (Java, C#).
Learning course development for third-year university students at Admiral Makarov State University of Maritime and Inland Shipping: lecturing and running workshops on C/C++ programming and general software development, conducting examinations.
2003–2007: Software developer at 7+11 Company Ltd.
Distributed software development for enterprise automation and monitoring systems. Data aggregation and visualization. Embedded software development. Requirements analysis, technical documentation.
C, C#, MySQL, HTML, CSS
Most of my personal projects are open source (https://github.com/dreikanter). There are libraries and tools for system automation, text processing, web content management, Google Chrome extensions, etc. Here are some examples:
public-static (https://github.com/dreikanter/public-static) — a static website builder that I’ve been using for a personal blog.
boodka (https://github.com/dreikanter/boodka) — a sugar-free personal budget calculator. An experimental project, inspired by YNAB lacking multi-currency support.
wp2md (https://github.com/dreikanter/wp2md) — Wordpress data exporting tool for markdown-based static site builders.
Ruby Bookmarks (https://github.com/dreikanter/ruby-bookmarks) — a collection of essential bookmarks related to Ruby programming language. I’ve created it for personal use when I’ve just started learning Ruby, but soon it became quite popular. There is also Sublime Bookmarks (https://github.com/dreikanter/sublime-bookmarks), based on the same concept.
M. Sc. (2004), St. Petersburg State University of Airspace Instrumentation (SUAI) Department of Automatic Control Systems. Specialty: Automatic Control and Information Processing Systems.
Postgrad (2008), St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS). Specialty: Mathematical and Software Support of Computers, Complex Systems, and Networks.
Training courses and certificates
- oDesk tests: Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
- Smarterer.com: Python, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (master level).
- Brainbench certificates: С, HTML.
- Careerlab certificate: High-Level Architecture Design with UML.
- Artyom Gorbunov’s Educational Center certificate: User Experience design and Information Visualization.
- System Analysis School certificate for software requirements development course.
- Multiple Luxoft certificates on system analysis and software architecture.
- Some of my articles at Hacker Noon: https://hackernoon.com/@dreikanter
- StackOverflow profile: https://stackoverflow.com/users/177194/
- Personal site: http://musayev.com
- Have space suit — will travel.