Full stack web developer
I have 15 years of experience in software development, including 5 years working remotely. Love to build robust and convenient tools helping my clients to save time, reduce business costs and transform complex to simple.
As a remote developer, I value transparent communication and workflows. I can work independently or join a team. I have experience in leading a small development team as well.
Skills and technologies
- Web: HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Webpack, BEM, countless front-end frameworks and libs
- DB and NoSQL: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Preferred version control system: Git
- Code analyzers: Rubocop, Reek, ESLint, Standard JS, stylelint
- Server infrastructure: Linux, Ansible, AWS, Logstash, nginx
- APIs: Google Maps, GitHub, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Jira, GitHub, Dropbox, PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, geocoding services, OAuth, etc
- Past experience: Python (♡ PEP 20), C#/.NET, C/C++, Microsoft SQL Server, PL/SQL
- Willing to learn and try TypeScript and Go on production
2015–2019: Full stack developer, architect at PassionDig Inc
Responsibilities: System design and features development for web applications. Customer requirements analysis, specs drafting and implementation planning. Interviewing and onboarding new developers, maintaining common dev environment and conventions, code reviews.
Achievements: I’ve built an MVP version for an in-person educational service from scratch. Implemented geo-location search engine with flexible ranking logic. Created domain-specific web analytics backend for marketing team. Integrated third-party services, including Google Maps, Stripe, PayPal, Twitter, Facebook, helpdesk software with single sign-on capability, etc. Automated provisioning and deployment workflows. Created UI style guide based on custom reusable React component. Improved Rails application performance. Significantly reduced AWS operational costs for a SAAS infrastructure.
Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, UI component libraries, AWS infrastructure, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Sidekiq, Ansible for server provisioning and deployment automation. Social media and payment service APIs.
2014–2017: Full stack developer at UpWork
Participated in multiple projects as a full-stack web developer. My responsibilities included features development and performance optimization for Rails apps, payment services and social API integration, system automation, etc. Got 5 stars rating rating with 100% job success.
2013–2015: Architect at Softin.co
Built an application licensing API. Prototyped a project management web service. Performed UX design and art direction for a mobile game project.
Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
2012–2013: Senior software developer at Luxoft (Hewlett Packard)
Participated in WebInspect project development, an OWASP based web app vulnerability scanner. New features implementation, UI i18n, technical documentation, interviewing and onboarding new developers.
C#/.NET, WinForms (MVVM), WPF, Microsoft SQL Server.
2008–2011: Software developer at Lanit-Tercom (R&D)
Enterprise software development, deployment and support. Requirements analysis, tasks decomposition and estimation, specifications drafting, project documentation. UI prototyping, IA design.
.NET/C#, WinForms, WPF, PL/SQL, Java, Flex, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office integration.
2006–2009: Software developer at SZMA LLC (R&D)
Distributed software development, testing, deployment, and support. Desktop apps and web services for financial data collection and analysis. Middleware for Matlab integration with Metaquotes MetaTrader trading platform. Requirements analysis, specification drafting, and project documentation.
.NET/C#, Matlab, MQL (Metatrader), MySQL, PHP, Python.
2004–2008: Postgraduate student, professor assistant at St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Research in the field of mathematical modeling, scientific conferences participation. Experimental software development (Java, C#).
Learning course development for third-year university students at Admiral Makarov State University of Maritime and Inland Shipping: lecturing and running workshops on C/C++ programming and general software development, conducting examinations.
2003–2007: Software developer at 7+11 Company Ltd.
Distributed software development for enterprise automation and monitoring systems. Data aggregation and visualization. Embedded software development. Requirements analysis, technical documentation.
C, C#, MySQL, HTML, CSS
Most of my personal projects are open source. There are tools for system automation, text processing, web content management, Google Chrome extensions, etc. Here are some examples:
- Freefeed Feeder — an automated content publishing service built for FreeFeed social network. In production since 2017.
- boodka — a sugar-free budget calculator. An experimental project, inspired by YNAB lacking multi-currency support.
- public-static — a static website builder I've been using for my blog.
- wp2md — Wordpress data exporting tool for markdown-based static site builders.
- Ruby Bookmarks — a collection of essential bookmarks related to Ruby programming language. I created it after I've just started learning Ruby, but soon it became quite popular. There is also Sublime Bookmarks, based on the same concept.
Master Degree in Computer Science, St. Petersburg State University of Airspace Instrumentation (SUAI) Department of Automatic Control Systems. Specialty: Automatic Control and Information Processing Systems (2004).
Postgraduate education, St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS). Specialty: Mathematical and Software Support of Computers, Complex Systems, and Networks (2008).
Training courses and certificates
- oDesk tests: Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
- Smarterer.com: Python, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (master level).
- Brainbench certificates: С, HTML.
- Careerlab certificate: High-Level Architecture Design with UML.
- Artyom Gorbunov’s Educational Center certificate: User Experience design and Information Visualization.
- System Analysis School certificate for software requirements development course.
- Multiple Luxoft certificates on system analysis and software architecture.